Dropit Regional Manager (US - Northeast)
Dropit is a market leading end-to-end hands-free shopping platform for malls and central shopping districts. We’re revolutionizing the brick and mortar shopping model by bringing the convenience of e-commerce to the real world! Shoppers simply buy as they usually would and then at check-out, they scan their receipt(s) and bag(s), and then leave them in store. Bags are then collated and delivered all together at the preferred time of the shopper’s choosing. We integrate multiple technology platforms to create a seamless network between consumers, retailers, shopping malls and logistics companies –creating a network effect that benefits everyone involved. The information entered by the shopper into the app provides a unique opportunity for retailers to gain the same level of insight on their customers as they access from online sales. Most importantly, shoppers using Dropit report having a better shopping experience.
The idea behind Dropit was born in 2014 whilst founder, Karin Cabili, was on a business trip in New York. En route to a meeting, she found the perfect pair of boots in a nearby store. Knowing she couldn’t take the boots to her meeting, she asked for them to be delivered to her hotel, but the store wasn’t able to get them to her on time before her flight home. Frustratingly for all parties, she left the store empty handed and the store lost a sale.
Due to our recent expansion, Dropit requires several new regional managers to work closely with the US General Manager to manage multiple sites in the Northeast, Southeast and Central territories. We’re looking for individuals with a proven track record of success building and maintaining high performing teams to help take Dropit to the next level. The right candidate will lead by example, be an adept problem solver and help scale the operation in their territory to help accomplish our near-term mission of increasing awareness/adoption of our products and services across the country.
Regional managers are responsible for all aspects of management within their territory. These responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Weekly conference calls with mall partners
- Preparation of project updates, especially in regard to bottlenecks for new site launches
- Building relationships with relevant partner stakeholders, creating buy-in and enthusiasm for the Dropit proposition and expansion/activation of the service
- Managing real time issues as and when they arise
- Relationship management with Dropit shopping mall partners at the regional/local level and ensuring delivery of Dropit corporate objectives with mall and brand partners
- Developing relationships with corporate entities and marketing teams to ensure that initiatives are implemented on site
- Operational responsibilities will include customer service oversight, supervisory management of day to day relationships with local suppliers, supervision of Dropit’s site reporting and communication back to US GM and the Implementation and Logistics Director highlighting any issues or successes, ensuring that sites comply with Dropit’s policies and obligations
- Management of local teams – responsible for recruiting, training and managing local site teams, ensuring consistently high service levels on site and ensuring that employee issues are managed as and when they arise
Experience and skills
- Previous experience in a role that combines multi-stakeholder relationship management and operations execution
- Commercial acumen – the ability to think on your feet and have an innate understanding of positioning and client-facing communication
- Flexibility – the ability to manage your own workload and to plan ahead. A thorough understanding that scaling a start-up requires adaptability
- Experience managing a team, capable of hiring and nurturing outstanding teams
- Ability of supervising a P&L and contribute to preparation of annual budgets
- Great written and verbal communication skills with an ability to lead multi-party meetings and conference calls
- Highly organized with experience in managing complex projects and processes from inception through to completion
- Fluent in Microsoft Office with decent math skills to prepare and interpret reports
- Retail and/or mall experience a plus.
- 5+ years of operational management experience managing a team
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Proven ability to solve problems
- Positive attitude and leadership capabilities
- Ability to work productively without oversight
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to lead by example
- Experience working in retail or related field is a huge plus