Retail Site Manager – Las Vegas
Dropit provides a handsfree shopping service for malls, outlet centres and main shopping districts. By using our app or store device Dropit lets customers leave their purchases in-store and have them delivered straight to their home or hotel. It’s a great way to shop and still enjoy everything that Las Vegas has to offer!
Dropit is looking for a Retail Site Manager to oversee the running of one of our flagship sites. This is an amazing opportunity for a hands-on leader with a background. A strong retail background and some experiences of B2B and B2C sales will be extremely useful in the activation of the site.
You will recruit and supervise a team of Ambassadors who collect customer bags from the Dropit Partner Stores on-site and prepare them for delivery at our hub. You will also help stores and customers using the service by answering any questions they might have and help solve any technical issues that arise. You will be client facing and a crucial link between key stakeholders on location and internal stakeholders at Dropit. The ideal candidate will feel ownership over their site(s) and have a strong desire to see Dropit widely adopted at their locations.
This is an active and engaging role with a fast-growing tech start-up. As such, opportunities for advancement will be possible for colleagues that demonstrate commitment, ambition and the ability to make a meaningful impact.
- Responsibility setting up the site in conjunction with the regional manager and implementation team
- Responsibility for onboarding / training / activating the retailers onsite and maintaining positive relationships with them on a daily basis
- Responsibility for day-to-day management of the service on-site, including professionally addressing any store, customer or mall questions or issues
- Managing the relationships with delivery providers and hotels (day to day)
- Management of the Dropit ambassador team, including shift scheduling, planning, mentorship and keeping employee engagement high
- Customer service coordination and response – for retailers, users and the mall team
- Reporting and updating HQ on site progress
- Taking a leadership role in coordinating special events, workshops with the stores and driving awareness / usage of Dropit at your location
- Assuming ambassador responsibilities as needed
- Maintaining high level of employee engagement on your team
- 3+ years of Management/supervisory and coaching experience in retail sales environment. You will know how to motivate and manage a team in addition to shift scheduling.
- You will have good instincts for problem solving, whilst also knowing when to deal with and when to escalate situations that require additional input
- Digital fluency – you will be comfortable using technology, whether our bespoke Ambassador App or site-management portal and you are willing to learn how to help trouble-shoot and fix issues when they arise on site
- Capacity and desire to have an active job that includes substantial walking and transporting shopping bags using our cart. You will be a supervisor and manager, but also helping out where necessary! Being a Team player who is willing to work outside of their comfort zone at times is essential
- Experience with customer service
- Strong written and oral communication skills. You will be our point person on the ground, and we will be relying on you for clear feedback
- Positive attitude, willingness to work hard and a genuine desire to be a partner in building a global brand
- Full Time Position with availability to work the needs of the business including evenings weekends and holidays.
- Education: University or college degree strongly preferred.
- Computer skills: Fluency in Microsoft products including Word and Excel
- Driving licence is an advantage