Retail Site Manager – US
Dropit provides a handsfree shopping service for malls, outlet centres and main shopping districts. By using our app or store device Dropit lets customers leave their purchases in-store and have them delivered straight to their home or hotel. It’s a great way to shop and enjoy everything that retail and Minnesota has to offer!
Dropit is looking for a number of Retail Site Manager to oversee the running of our first malls in the Midwest. This is an amazing opportunity for a hands-on leader with a retail background. Experiences of B2B and B2C sales will be extremely useful in the activation of the site and in supporting the B2B Area Sales Manager. The role would suit someone with a strong retail/store manager background.
You will supervise smooth operations on-site collecting bags and preparing them for dispatch with our courier partners. You will also help stores and customers to use the service by answering any questions that might have and help solve any technical issues that arise. You will be client facing (B2B and B2C) and a crucial link from the site to our HQ.
You'll work closely with store teams to educate them on how they and their customers benefit from Dropit, whilst understanding their business needs, challenges and concerns, tailoring the presentation of the service to each group individually. Up sell membership and other services to the partner stores.
This is an active and engaging role with a fast-growing tech start-up. Opportunities for advancement will be possible for colleagues that demonstrate commitment, ambition and a flair for customer service.
- Setting up the site in conjunction with the Regional Manager and implementation team.
- Responsibility for day-to-day management and running of the service on-site, including professionally addressing any store, customer or mall questions or issues in-store or via live chat;
- Responsibility for new partner onboarding schedule, leading new store training sessions, ensuring adequate follow up and activating retailers onsite;
- Coach managers/designated representatives to be product experts so they and their teams become increasingly self-sufficient. Foster a sense of accountability where managers become responsible for the success of Dropit in their stores.
- Responsibility of maintaining good and professional relationship with site team and retail partner teams and ensuring that high levels of customer engagement and satisfaction/customer loyalty are secured;
- Partner closely with the wider operations team to quantifiably translate business needs and product requirements into improving solutions for partner stores and droppers.
- Managing the relationships with delivery providers and suppliers (day to day);
- Taking responsibility and a leadership role for coordinating special events, workshops with stores etc
- Customer service coordination and response – for retailers, users and the mall team;
- Reporting and updating the HQ on progress on site.
- Identifying common challenges and actively suggest solutions
- Problem solving. You will have good instincts for problem solving, whilst also knowing when to deal with and to escalate situations that require additional input.
- Management/supervisory experience in a retail environment. You should know how to motivate and manage a team in addition to shift scheduling.
- Organisational skills and time management. You will have strong organisational skills to manage your own time to achieve the best results without direct supervision and reporting to HQ in London.
- Digital fluency. You will be comfortable using technology, whether our bespoke Ambassador App or site-management portal and you are willing to learn how to help trouble-shoot and fix issues when they arise on site.
- Capacity and desire to have an active job that includes substantial walking and transporting shopping bags using our cart or utility vehicle. You will be a supervisor and manager, but also helping out where necessary! Being a Team player who is willing to work outside of their comfort zone at times is essential.
- Experience with customer service, both in a B2B or B2C context.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. You will be our point person on the ground, and we will be relying on you for clear feedback.
- Positive attitude, willingness to work hard and a genuine desire to be a partner in building “the next big thing”.
- Education: University or college degree strongly preferred.
- Computer skills: Fluency in Microsoft products including Word and Excel.
- Language: fluent written and spoken English; Spanish is an advantage
- Driving licence is an advantage