Dropit is a SaaS multichannel digital platform with solutions for shopping centers, retailers, and consumers. Founded in 2016 with the launch of Handsfree Shopping in London’s West End, we are present in over 500 stores across more than 350 brands throughout the US, Canada, UK, Ireland, and Belgium. For brands and shopping centers, our omnichannel fulfillment Platform and industry-first Marketplace unifies retail in-store and online.
Our vision is to enable the entire retail ecosystem to work together and meet the needs of the shared consumer in a way that’s collaborative and sustainable.
About the role
We're looking for a brilliant, hardworking, and super motivated Backend engineer to lead our growing integrations team. This is an excellent opportunity to have a direct impact on our core b2b partnerships and establish a whole new team that you will hire, guide & manage.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to Back-End engineers. Create an environment for BE engineers to continually reach new heights within their career
- Responsible for execution of SDLC processes to include sprint pre-planning/planning, retros, demos, architecture and code reviews
- Continually retrospect and drive innovation within the back-end development process to ensure our software engineers execute at the highest possible level
- Deliver on time and be accountable to your team and stakeholders
- Hire, onboard, develop and manage Back-End engineers
- Tech Debt management
- Share knowledge and feedback across teams and stakeholders.
- 4+ years of software engineering experience with an emphasis on Back-End development.
- 2+ years of experience building and leading software engineering teams working on multiple complex systems.
- Experience with low latency, highly reliable systems at scale.
- Expertise building and owning services and APIs-data modeling, unit and integration testing, and continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD).
- Create code that is understandable, testable, and shared across teams.
- In-depth experience of writing unit, acceptance, performance tests and test-driven development.
- Demonstrated curiosity and interest in keeping up and experimenting with new technologies.
- Experienced using technologies in several of the following areas: Microservices, event sourcing, various IPC models, Kotlin, Java, Spring, Guice, cloud-based deployments.
- Excellent cross-team communication skills.
- Ability to work with remote stakeholders and tight-knit partners.