Retail Site Operations Manager – Braintree Village
Dropit Shopping is looking for a Retail Site Operations Manager to carry out the operation at our latest partner site, Braintree Village. This is an amazing opportunity for someone who is looking to:
- Develop their leadership skills
- Establish a background in logistics, facilities management & operations
- Develop their CRM experience
A retail background, while helpful, is not vital and some experience of B2B and B2C sales will be useful in the day to day running of the role.
What Does Dropit Do?
Dropit provides a handsfree shopping service for malls, outlet centres and main shopping districts. By using our app or store device Dropit lets customers leave their purchases in-store and have them delivered straight to their home or hotel. It’s a great way to shop and enjoy everything that retail and the area has to offer!
The core of your role will be working alongside the Braintree Village Site Team to oversee and assist in the collection customer bags from the Dropit Partner Stores on-site and prepare them for delivery at our hub. You will also be the main point of contact for the stores and customers as they use the service, supporting by answering any questions they might have and helping solve any technical issues that arise. You will be client facing throughout the day and the link from the site to our HQ.
This is an active and engaging role with a fast-growing tech start-up. As such, opportunities for advancement will be possible for colleagues that demonstrate commitment, ambition and a flair for customer service.
The role is initially for a fixed term contract of 1 year, with scope to extend.
- Supporting the onboarding, training and activation of the retailers onsite
- Day-to-day management of the service on-site, including professionally addressing any store, customer or mall questions or issues
- Working with our delivery providers to ensure deliveries are completed on time.
- Representing Dropit while working with the Braintree Village Site Team
- Supporting our customers and partners through our live chat platform
- Reporting and updating the HQ on progress on site
- While Management/supervisory experience is not vital, you will have good instincts for problem solving and prioritisation
- You work pro-actively and pragmatically as you go through your day-to-day
- Digital fluency – you will be comfortable using technology, whether it be our bespoke Ambassador App or site-management portal, and you are willing to learn how to help trouble-shoot and fix issues when they arise on site
- Capacity and desire to have an active job that includes transporting shopping bags using our cart or utility vehicle. This role is a mix of relationship management, office work and physical work, so you will need to come to work being prepared for anything
- A strong grasp of what “good customer service” looks like
- Strong written and oral communication skills. You will be our point person on the ground, and we will be relying on you for clear feedback
- Positive attitude, willingness to work hard and a genuine desire to be a partner in building “the next big thing”
- Put your stamp on a project! You will be a large part of the setup of the site and then take the lead on the way in which the Dropit service is offered by the stores at Braintree Village.
- Skill Development! This role is incredibly broad, meaning that you are going to have the opportunity to develop and put to use a number of varying skills.
- Stakeholder Management! You will be working directly with the Head of Site Operations, as well representing Dropit in front of Director level team members from Braintree Village. An excellent opportunity for exposure and experience
- - Computer skills: Fluency in Microsoft products including Word and Excel
- - Language: fluent written and spoken English. Other European languages an advantage