Retail Site Operations Manager – Gunwharf Quays
Dropit provides a handsfree shopping service for malls, outlet centres and main shopping districts. By using our app or store device Dropit lets customers leave their purchases in-store and have them delivered straight to their home or hotel. It’s a great way to shop and enjoy everything that retail and the area has to offer!
Dropit is looking for a Retail Site Operations Manager to oversee the running of Gunwharf Quays. This is an amazing opportunity for a hands-on leader with a background in logistics, facilities management or operations. A retail background and some experiences of B2B and B2C sales will be extremely useful in the activation of the site and in supporting the B2B Sales Director.
You will be working with a small team of Ambassadors who collect customer bags from the Dropit Partner Stores on-site and prepare them for delivery at our hub. You will also help stores and customers to use the service by answering any questions they might have and help solve any technical issues that arise. You will be client facing and a crucial link from the site to our HQ.
This is an active and engaging role with a fast-growing tech start-up. As such, opportunities for advancement will be possible for colleagues that demonstrate commitment, ambition and a flair for customer service.
The role is initially for a fixed term contract of 1 year, with scope to extend.
- Responsibility setting up the site team in conjunction with HQ
- Responsibility for onboarding / training / activating the retailers onsite
- Responsibility for day-to-day management of the service on-site, including professionally addressing any store, customer or mall questions or issues
- Managing the relationships with delivery providers and hotels (day to day)
- Working closely with the site ambassador team
- Customer service coordination and response – for retailers, users and the mall team
- Reporting and updating the HQ on progress on site
- Management/supervisory experience. You will know how to motivate and manage a team in addition to shift / rota planning. You will have good instincts for problem solving, whilst also knowing when to deal with and when to escalate situations that require additional input
- Digital fluency – you will be comfortable using technology, whether it be our bespoke Ambassador App or site-management portal, and you are willing to learn how to help trouble-shoot and fix issues when they arise on site
- Capacity and desire to have an active job that includes substantial walking and transporting shopping bags using our cart or utility vehicle. You will be a supervisor and manager, but also helping out where necessary! Being a Team player who is willing to work outside of their comfort zone at times is essential
- Experience with customer service, both in a B2B or B2C context
- Strong written and oral communication skills. You will be our point person on the ground, and we will be relying on you for clear feedback
- Positive attitude, willingness to work hard and a genuine desire to be a partner in building “the next big thing”
- • Understand our Guest and their expectations; collecting and analysing feedback, sharing findings and evolving the Guest experience
- • Drive commercial success through the management of performance and liaison with Management teams (Guest Services, Security and Operations)
- • Drive innovation and empower the team to make improvements, communicate with honesty, action feedback from Guests, Brand Partners and colleagues
- • To accelerate and elevate the guest service standard level across the Centre
- Work effectively with the Management team to deliver the Dropit service contract, remaining flexible to changing priorities and expectations of both Landsec and the Brand Partners
- Build professional relationships with store managers to ensure Dropit’s service level agreement is maintained
- Be empowered to challenge any slip in standards or processes
- Build strong working relationships with the Guest Services team and place high value on rewarding and recognising excellence in behaviours
- • Continue to grow our culture where our guest is at the heart of every decision, ensuring that we add value to the Centre experience
- Support the Village in providing a safe and inclusive destination to visit and exceed guest expectations
- Greet Guests, Brand Partners and colleagues to the Centre with natural warmth and friendliness, making everyone feel welcome
· Education: University or college degree strongly preferred
· Computer skills: Fluency in Microsoft products including Word and Excel
- Language: fluent written and spoken English. Other European languages an advantage
- Driving licence is an advantage