HEAD OF PROCUREMENT North America
Come build the future of retail with us
Dropit is a multichannel digital platform with solutions for shopping centers, retailers, and consumers. Founded in 2016 with the launch of Handsfree Shopping in London’s West End, we are present in over 500 stores across more than 350 brands throughout the US, Canada, UK, Ireland, and Belgium. For brands and shopping centers, our omnichannel fulfillment Platform and industry-first Marketplace unifies retail in-store and online. Our vision is to enable the entire retail ecosystem to work together and meet the needs of the shared consumer in a way that’s collaborative and sustainable.
Why join us?
- - Competitive compensation
- - Friendly and supportive work environment
- - Paid vacation time
- - Paid holidays and sick leave
- - Extensive benefits package (full-time employees only)
About the role:
As a Head of Procurement for Dropit, act as the primary point of contact between suppliers and the business in the US comprising of over 200 shopping malls. You will be responsible for the procurement of products such as handsets, sims, data plans, bags, etc. at volume and to manage this inventory across the US. The Head of Procurement will also be responsible for identifying potential supplier sources, screening them, and negotiating favorable payment terms. Other duties include courier contracts and their commercial deal management, monitoring supplier performance, and ensuring contractual obligations are met.
How You'll Make an Impact:
- Lead supplier and third-party vendor management and drive the end-to-end sourcing, procurement, supplier management, and inventory management framework and process.
- Drive continuous improvement and evolution of all procurement supplier engagement
- Identify potential suppliers based on the Operation and Implementation departments requirements
- Drive, manage and improve new and existing courier relationships making sure that needs are met and the best available services are offered
- Negotiate and agree on contracts on behalf of the firm, ensuring that they are procured within acceptable commercial terms and conditions. Accurately assesses the total costs of company purchases.
- Act as a key point of contact on Procurement activity for the firm and manage relationships with outsourced service providers to ensure they are meeting, and where possible exceeding, business requirements through structure review meetings with the suppliers and relevant internal staff
- Working closely with Finance Director to provide accurate financial analysis of procurement activity reflecting total lifetime cost and ROI where applicable
- Monitor and update relevant departments regarding price fluctuations of goods and vendor pricing
- Process purchase orders to acquire goods
- Deal with any complaints in relation to outsourced service providers in a timely manner was so directed to by relevant members of the company
- Produce management information reports as needed to the Executive Team
You will enjoy this role if you are/have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a procurement, business, finance, or related field (supply chain management, logistics, etc.)
- A proven track record in Procurement and account management - 5 years of previous experience in procurement or purchasing with a retail or consumer brand background
- Ability to make operational decisions balanced with longer-term strategic thinking
- Demonstrable procurement experience working within a professional service environment at a senior management level, knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as dexterity in reading the market.
- Strong financial management skills including budgetary control, forecasting, auditing capabilities, and the ability to implement cost management techniques
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Strong relationship management skills
- Resilient and calm under pressure with an adaptable and flexible approach
- Proactive and like/take initiative
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our values. Our goal is to ensure that Dropit upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, and disability.